Monday, June 12, 2006

My Thoughts on this Weekend's Debate

"Do the work of an evangelist fulfill your ministry"

(2 Timothy 4:5).


Let the Debate Begin!

Live this Thursday and Friday Night at 7:00pm!


It's the Great Debate Weekend!




This Thursday Night at 7:00pm, Pastor Matt Nicastro, of Calvary Chapel Saving Grace will be giving a special message on the Inspiration and Authority of the Bible and dealing with the perennial question, "Why Should We Trust the Bible?" Special Music will be performed by worship leader Lambert Lo and his praise band from Kona Hawaii.

Lambert Lo is a long time personal friend who graduated from Biola University with a degree in Biblical Studies and has an amazing spiritual gift of leading worship and has opened up for some of America's leading Evangelical speakers and bands, so it should be a great time!

This Friday (June 16th) we feature our great three on three debate between Trinitarians Ed Enochs, Joel Hughes and Mike Sarkissian vs. Biblical Unitarians Danny Dixon, Robert Hach and David Murphy.

This debate with these Biblical Unitarians is the last in a series of debates with this group. The First debate featured Pastors Mike, Gabe and I , vs. Danny Dixon, Dan Mages and Lee Greer and was hosted in Riverside California at the historic First Congergational Church on December 30, 2005.

The second debate was a one on one event between Dan Mages and I and was hosted at Calvary Chapel Saving Grace on May 26th 2006.

The location of this third debate is again at Calvary Chapel Saving Grace this Friday at 7:00pm


I personally look forward to this rubber match and final debate with the Biblical Unitarians and should be a dramatic time, since they are bringing out guys from across the country to debate us.

Over the last few months, I have received a lot of input about these debates. Some negative and some postitive. It seems like almost everyone has an opinion on how we could do these debates better.

My response to all of this, is the following, I have personally done less than ten formal debates, and I am growing in my abilities and look at all these debates as a preparation and learning experience. I greatly appreciate all the constructive criticism I have received, it only helps to make me a better speaker, debater and event coordinator.

James White is an awesome debater and I am learing so much from his tapes, videos and books as I am from reading Dr. Robert Morey's materials as well.

I have also received an enormous amount of positive support in doing these debates and I want to thank my loyal base of support out there, it means a lot to me

I am doing the best I can to take on the issues and provide the Evangelical community with the best debates possible and we look forward to doing more debates and hosting debates for major Evangelical Apologists from across the country.

We see the purpose of these debates as a means of focusing one the issues facing American Evangelicalism today, presenting Biblical truth against what we perceive to be error and to communicate the Gospel to non-Christians who may attend these events.

I want to tell everyone that I love you and I appreciate you all!


I want to personally invite everyone out to this Thursday and Friday nights special events.


Sincerely in Jesus Christ,

Ed Enochs

The Evangelical Debate Society