Sunday, December 11, 2005

Why I Believe in the Trinity

"Fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) and Credo ut intelligam (I believe that I might understand) are ancient Christian mottoes


"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen" (2 Corinthians 13:14).

"The Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit intimate a divine unity of one and the same substance in an indivisible equality; and therefore that they are not three Gods, but one God: although the Father hath begotten the Son, and so He who is the Father is not the Son; and the Son is begotten by the Father, and so He who is the Son is not the Father; and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son, but only the Spirit of the Father and of the Son, Himself also co-equal with the Father and the Son, and pertaining to the unity of the Trinity. "

Augustine of Hippo
"On the Trinity", Book I.


Throughout my two- decade long sorjourn in this most precious Christian faith, I have always believed staunchly and unequivocably in the historic Christian doctrine of the Holy Trinity. I believe in the Doctrine of the Trinity simply and finally because the Holy Scriptures teach this and for no other reason.


The Bible teaches that there in one true and living God (Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 Kings 8:60 and John 17:3)

The Bible teaches that the Father is God (Matthew 28:19-20, John 6:27 and Romans 1:7).

The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is God (Matthew 1:23, John 1:1-14, 8:58, Acts 20:28, Romans 9:5 and Col. 1:16-17).

The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 5:1-5 and 2 Corinthians 13:14)


Thus, I come to the conclusion that the Historic Christian Faith is correct and that there in God exists the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the true and living God, world without end amen.



I believe in the historic Christian Faith. I believe in the doctrine of the Trinity. I belive in justification by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ alone based on the authority of the Bible alone. Amen. This is my faith, the historic Christian faith, this is what I believe amen.